Change isn’t something that comes natural to most of us, but this is one time when the Body Ecology Principle of Step-by-Step can apply. Start by making simple changes to your health one day at a time. While admittedly more restrictive than Stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet, we recommend using our Antiviral Diet to support the initial healing process for a minimum of 4 to 10 days, depending on the severity of your condition. For example, you may see more benefits from using the diet for longer in a case of MS or cancer, compared to a minor herpes outbreak.
We’ve seen significant health transformations for most people, regardless of diagnosis, who have used our Antiviral Diet and Antiviral Protocol. We’ve observed, in most cases, that viruses can be an underlying problem that triggers a long list of health concerns.
If you want to see any benefits from using our Antiviral Protocol, all it takes is a daily commitment to your health. That’s it — putting one foot in front of the other, sticking to the diet for no less than four days, and using our product regimen until you are confident in your recovery.
For Donna Gates, fermented foods pioneer and creator of The Body Ecology Diet, raising awareness for viral infection is a cause near and dear to her heart. “For many years, I’ve watched many people suffering from viral infections. Sometimes, they’re simple viral infections, like a flu. But most people are suffering from viral infections that remain in the body, and they pop up whenever their immune system is low, and they can be very, very miserable.” She explains, “So, this Antiviral Protocol that I’m going to share with you is very effective. You’ll see exactly what I’m talking about when you try it. And, if you find that at different times in your life, you need to go back to it, it’s something that you’ll always have as a tool in your tool chest.”
This is an important point we can’t emphasize enough. Your body, your lifestyle, and your environment are constantly changing. You might find yourself coughing and sneezing as the weather starts to shift or after taking a long flight where you sit next to someone with the flu. We can be exposed to viruses at any time — especially when our immune system is low. That’s why our Antiviral Protocol focuses heavily on building immunity, along with daily nutritional support and cleansing.
Getting your immunity back on track is key before a virus runs rampant through your body, causing serious health damage that can’t be undone. Our all-in-one Antiviral Protocol makes supporting the body during a viral infection easy and can stop plenty of health problems before they start. This is a kit you’re going to want to have available to you during seasonal changes, major life changes, times of stress, and after the diagnosis of an illness.
If you’re sick of getting or being sick, our Antiviral Protocol can help. Remember, the immune system is fully capable of identifying and wiping out foreign invaders — as long as we keep it healthy and strong.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Mark P Zwart, Lia Hemerik, Jenny S Cory, J. Arjan G.M de Visser, Felix J.J.A Bianchi, Monique M Van Oers, Just M Vlak, Rolf F Hoekstra, and Wopke Van der Werf. An experimental test of the independent action hypothesis in virus%u2013insect pathosystems. Proc. R. Soc. B, 2009; DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2009.0064.
- Perrine Cufi, Nadine Dragin, Julia Miriam Weiss, Pilar Martinez-Martinez, Marc H. De Baets, Régine Roussin, Elie Fadel, Sonia Berrih-Aknin, Rozen Le Panse. Implication of dsRNA signaling in the etiology of autoimmune myasthenia gravis. Annals of Neurology, 2012; DOI: 10.1002/ana.23791.
- Niklas Nyström, Tove Berg, Elin Lundin, Oskar Skog, Inga Hansson, Gun Frisk, Ivana Juko-Pecirep, Mats Nilsson, Ulf Gyllensten, Yigael Finkel, Jonas Fuxe, Alkwin Wanders. Human Enterovirus Species B in Ileocecal Crohn’s Disease. Clinical and Translational Gastroenterology, 2013; 4 (6): e38 DOI: 10.1038/ctg.2013.7.
- Cheng J, Ke Q, Jin Z, et al. Cytomegalovirus Infection Causes an Increase of Arterial Blood Pressure. Früh K, ed. PLoS Pathogens. 2009;5(5):e1000427. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1000427.
- Viruses in Human Cancers. zur Hausen H. Science. 1991 Nov 22; 254(5035):1167-73.
- Cairns TM, Whitbeck JC, Lou H, et al. Capturing the Herpes Simplex Virus Core Fusion Complex (gB-gH/gL) in an Acidic Environment. Journal of Virology. 2011;85(13):6175-6184. doi:10.1128/JVI.00119-11.
- The use of the HET-CAM test for the determination of the irritating effect of Humic Acids. Wiegleb, K.; et al. Dtsch Tierarzl Wochenschr, October 1993; Vol. 100; Issue 10; pages 412-416.
- The effects of phenolic polyments on retroviruses. Sydow, G.; et al. Pharmazie, December 1986. Vol. 41, Issue 12, Pages 865-868.
- Hurwitz BE, Klaus JR, Llabre MM, Gonzalez A, Lawrence PJ, Maher KJ, Greeson JM, Baum MK, Shor-Posner G, Skyler JS, Schneiderman N. Suppression of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 viral load with selenium supplementation: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 2007 Jan 22;167(2):148-54.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. Military Strategies for Sustainment of Nutrition and Immune Function in the Field. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1999. 16, Trace Minerals, Immune Function, and Viral Evolution.
- Beck MA, Nelson HK, Shi Q, Van Dael P, Schiffrin EJ, Blum S, Barclay D, Levander OA. Selenium deficiency increases the pathology of an influenza virus infection. FASEB J. 2001 Jun;15(8):1481-3.
- Jason M. Norman, Scott A. Handley, Megan T. Baldridge, Lindsay Droit, Catherine Y. Liu, Brian C. Keller, Amal Kambal, Cynthia L. Monaco, Guoyan Zhao, Phillip Fleshner, Thaddeus S. Stappenbeck, Dermot P.B. McGovern, Ali Keshavarzian, Ece A. Mutlu, Jenny Sauk, Dirk Gevers, Ramnik J. Xavier, David Wang, Miles Parkes, Herbert W. Virgin. Disease-Specific Alterations in the Enteric Virome in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Cell, 2015; DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2015.01.002.
- 1993 May 29;341(8857):1363-5.
- JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1994 Jul-Aug;18(4):303-7.
- J Nutr. 2007 Nov;137(11 Suppl):2568S-2571S.
- Dierick N, Ovyn A, Smet S. In vitro assessment of the effect of intact marine brown macro-algae Ascophyllum nodosum of the gut flora piglets. Livest Sci. 2010;133:154–156.
- Tracey J. Smith, Diane Rigassio-Radler, Robert Denmark, Timothy Haley, Riva Touger-Decker. Effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus LGG® and Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis BB-12® on health-related quality of life in college students affected by upper respiratory infections. British Journal of Nutrition, 2012; 1 DOI: 10.1017/S0007114512004138.
- Neacsu, M., Fyfe, C., Horgan, G., & Johnstone, A. M. (2014). Appetite control and biomarkers of satiety with vegetarian (soy) and meat-based high-protein diets for weight loss in obese men: a randomized crossover trial. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 100(2), 548-558.
- Wang, X. C., Xi, R. J., Li, Y., Wang, D. M., & Yao, Y. J. (2012). The species identity of the widely cultivated Ganoderma,‘G. lucidum'(Ling-zhi). PLoS ONE, 7(7), e40857.
- Cao YG, Hao Y, Li ZH, Liu ST, Wang LX. Antiviral activity of polysaccharide extract from Laminaria japonica against respiratory syncytial virus. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016 Dec;84:1705-1710. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2016.10.082. PubMed PMID: 27847204.
- Kim YH, Kim JH, Jin HJ, Lee SY. Antimicrobial activity of ethanol extracts of Laminaria japonica against oral microorganisms. Anaerobe. 2013 Jun;21:34-8. doi: 10.1016/j.anaerobe.2013.03.012. PubMed PMID: 23583539.
- Vobecký M, Babický A, Lener J, Svandová E. Interaction of bromine with iodine in the rat thyroid gland at enhanced bromide intake. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1996 Sep;54(3):207-12. PubMed PMID: 8909694.
- Shirosaki M, Koyama T. Laminaria japonica as a food for the prevention of obesity and diabetes. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2011;64:199-212. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-387669-0.00015-6. Review. PubMed PMID: 22054948.